The Law Offices of Richard S. Sternberg is prepared to assist you with every legal aspect of starting, running, and divesting of a small business.
We’ve helped clients through many of the difficulties of running a small business, including landlord issues, collections problems, disputed accounts payable issues, leasing disputes, and employee issues. We’ve watched some of our clients suffer the risks of entrepreneurial ventures, and we’ve helped some make it to the Inc. 50, to major international growth, and to very successful early retirements. Please click on the underscored area for further information.
- General Counsel Services
- Acquisition Opinion Letters
- Employment Contracts
- Restrictive Covenants, including Management Contracts and Agency Agreements
- Commercial Lease Negotiations (An article on Commercial Leases written by Mr. Sternberg)
- Developing Business Plans
- Introductions to Venture Capital and Banking Services
- Business Formation, including choice of form, small business tax issues, foreign incorporations, and registered agent services
- Merging with, selling, or acquiring another business, including bulk asset transfers as well as stock transfers in D.C., Maryland, and Virginia.